â€œThe Heart of Neolithic Orkney includes some of the countryâ€™s best-known early prehistoric sitesâ€
– Ann MacSween on the Ring of Brodgar and other walkable wonders
â€œThere is no better way of getting fitter than going singlespeed. To go quicker you simply pedal fasterâ€
– Markus Stitz on the no-gears approach to cycling
â€œTrig points have become trophies in much the same way as 3,000ft-plus peaksâ€
– Andrew Jeffrey on the niche activity of trig bagging
â€œI thought if anywhere needs wildlife and green space itâ€™s Grangemouthâ€
– Rosie Black on life at a tiny, but tremendous, nature reserve
â€œThe vast network of tracks gives a safe, mountainous, very runnable adventureâ€
– Sean McFarlane on ways to enjoy the Ochils
These features and many more await you in our January/FebruaryÂ 2015 edition. Order yours today or subscribe.
As always we’d like to extend our gratitude to everyone who’s had a hand in making this issue – the writers, photographers, those who’ve inspired us with their ideas and those who have taken the time to answer our questions (even the daft ones). We couldn’t do it without you.