“Itâ€™s been good on the climbing wall. I didnâ€™t know how to abseil before this weekend and I want to learn new skills like that”
– John Davidson meets members of the Polar Academy
“Itâ€™s quite a challenging route, but it can still be enjoyed by people of all abilities”
– Read about the growing phenomenon of parkrunning
“Get up early, stay out late”
– Raymond Besant on how you can achieve the best from your nature photography
“This is among the most important sites for mountainous plants in the whole of the UK”
– Marieke McBean joins NTS rangers in their office on Ben Lawers
“At times on the ride, despite the proximity to habitation, there is a feeling of being in a wild place”
– Scot Tares enjoys a family cycle at Loch Leven
These features and many more await you in our September/October 2014 edition. Order yours today or subscribe.
As always we’d like to extend our gratitude to everyone who’s had a hand in making this issue – the writers, photographers, those who’ve inspired us with their ideas and those who have taken the time to answer our questions (even the daft ones). We couldn’t do it without you.