Did you know that Putin’s labrador has helped change Russia’s whole environmental policy?
– Ben Fogle talks telly, dogs and beach clean ups
Winter walkers are surprised how close they can get to a bird that is happy to rely on camouflage
– Richard Rowe looks at the tactics employed by five distinctive species to get them through the winter
The most important place in my familyâ€™s heart is Boarhills and the amazing pink sandstone Buddo Rock
– We take a very personal tour of the Fife Coastal Path with local guide Amanda McFarlane
I am half an hour from home, it’s beautiful and somehow more memorable than any piste day in the Alps
– Seasoned downhiller Bridget Gibson shares her love of ski touring
One bird made the entire spring journey from Caerlaverock to Svalbard in 48 hours
– The Solway Firth’s barnacle geese are an unforgettable wildlife experience writes Tom Langlands
Knowing how to identify terrain traps and how to keep away from them could save your life
– Heather Morning of the MCofS gives her advice on how to safely enjoy the winter hills
These features and many more await you in our winter 2013/14 edition. Order yours today or subscribe.
As always we’d like to extend our gratitude to everyone who’s had a hand in making this issue – the writers, photographers, those who’ve inspired us with their ideas and those who have taken the time to answer our questions (even the daft ones). We couldn’t do it without you.